Tuesday, March 05, 2013

BLOG TOUR: Geek Girl Playlist


Earlier this year, I read a book. I know, so unlike me (!). It is called GEEK GIRL, and it was written by Holly Smale. Basically, this book is super cool and by far one of the best UKYA contemporary YA novels I have ever read. Rlly. If you want to see me proper gushing about it, you can go he-yah (review to come on the blog tomorrow, sorry, I have an exam this morning!).

Anyway, I jumped at the chance to be on the blog tour for GEEK GIRL because of all my gushing and stuff, (geek girls repreSENT) and I managed to snap up a playlist for the book from the lovely author. Music and books? What more could you even WANT in a blog??


1. Fireflies // Owl City

2. Shuffle // Bombay Bicycle Club

3. Falling Without Knowing // Tilly and the Wall                              Whatever happens now that I've changed
No one will ever stand in our way

4. Anthems For A Seventeen Year Old Girl // Broken Social Scene

5. Landfill // Daughter

6. Chalk Stars // Animal Kingdom                                                                                                                                Woke up
and my heart was,
aching

7. Focus on the Rollercoaster // Mice Parade

8. Here It Goes Again // OK Go

9. Fotzepolitic // Cocteau Twins                                                   My dreams are all basic and must be addressed
They're young girls dreams

10. Huddle Formation // The Go! Team

11. Soeglopur // Sigur Ros

I suggest you listen to all of these songs on this handy playlist on YouTube while you read the book. They are rlly cool. Especially Fireflies, and Chalk Stars. Thanks so much, Holly!



GEEK GIRL by Holly Smale was released on 28th February, published by HarperCollins Children's Books, £6.99 (PB). Also available in e-book formats.

♥Iffath

1 comment:

  1. GAAAAAAAHHH. YOU'VE POSTED AGAIN! YAAAY! I'VE MISSED YOUR BLOG POSTS!!!

    I haven't heard of many of those songs (I have my head stuck in books too much to know a lot about music!) but I'm sure they're perfect for Geek Girl. Thanks for sharing! :D

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home