Thursday, December 20, 2012

Class of 2012: Best in Show



Last day of the Blogfest, ah! It has seriously been so much fun doing this, thank you to TraceyKatyJessica, and Allison for hosting!

Favourite Cover
 

 



Cutest Couple


August Waters and Hazel Grace NEED I SAY MORE

Most Likely to Succeed (Or, pick a Printz Winner)


I've read over 150 books this year, and I'm not going to lie, quite a few of them are extremely worthy of like, All The Awards. However, THE FAULT IN OUR STARS and THE RAVEN BOYS just seem to be more than the others.

Most Likely to Make You Miss Your Bedtime (The book you just couldn't put down!)

This one DID make me miss my bedtime! I stayed up until about 3am reading it. Needless to say, I was not happy when my mum woke me up for school the next day, but I didn't regret it. SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE by Kate Dale. Stunning.

Best Repeat Performance (Your favourite sequel or follow-up)

Blew. My. Mind.

Favourite Finale or End of Series Novel

WE'LL ALWAYS HAVE SUMMER, ahhh, love.

Romance Most Worthy of an Ice Bath

PUSHING THE LIMITS. It's so intense I can't even go into it.

Breakout Novel (Your favourite book by a debut author)
 



Can't decided between UNDER THE NEVER SKY and TIME BETWEEN US. Both are equally amazing.

Best Old-Timer (Your favourite read of the year, published BEFORE 2012)

I found SWEETHEARTS haunting and heartbreaking. Definitely my favourite Sara Zarr book. (of the two I have read).

Most Likely to Make a Grown Man Cry


I mean, I'm not a grown man (at least, I think/hope so) so I can't really say for SURE, but I'm pretty confident it would.

Most Pleasant Surprise


I think this category was MADE for my relationship with  THE RAVEN BOYS! I thought I'd hate it, so I didn't have any expectations, blah blah blah, and then I loved it and it was all good and fab and srsly Maggie Stiefvater I'll never doubt you again.

Most Creative Use of a Love Triangle


The one between Blue, Adam, and Gansey. I'm torn over both of them, and look forward to where Maggie Stiefvater goes with it!

Sleeper Hit (Book you found so awesome you wish it had been hyped more)

I mentioned DON'T BREATHE A WROD yesterday. "I hope more people read this, because Holly really knows how to tell a story."

Favourite Outlier (Your favourite middle grade or adult 2012 book)
Mm, LIFE OF PI. It is seriously good and has recently been made into a movie. I'm actually watching it tomorrow after school, with some of my friends. In 3D. SO EXCITED.

♥Iffath

10 comments:

  1. I read the first book in Jenny Han's Summer series and have the other two but haven't read them yet. Guess I should do that. :) Also, SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE is one that I've been meaning to read. Glad you enjoyed it so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fault in our stars sounds GORGEOUS. Yes a book can be gorgeous. Just ask me

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE so I'm going to have to look into it after what you said!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't come across REVIVED before--that is one awesome cover! And I should really read SWEETHEARTS--I discovered Sara Zarr this year and I really like what I've read of hers so far!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the BLUE of your cover picks, haha. They look so pretty together!

    Maggie won me over with The Scorpio Races. I didn't think I'd like it because I'd been just okay with her writing previously, but she completely changed my mind.

    I hope you like Life of Pi! I haven't read the book, but some of my friends did back when it was just a book and really liked it. I saw the movie when it came out, and it is gorgeous - visually and emotionally. It's one of the very few movies where I think the 3D actually enhances the film (not a fan of 3D in general, tbh). Hope you like it / that it lives up to the book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. How have I never heard of SOMEONE ELSE'S LIFE? Looks like it's right up my alley! And I adore SWEETHEARTS. Sara Zarr is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. THE RAVEN BOYS love triangle is pretty much my favorite thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the cover for "Someone Else's Life". Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! I LOVED the end of the summer series too. Total perfection! :) I need to read The Fault In Our Stars - it's on everyone's end of year list!

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home