Tuesday, August 28, 2012

REVIEW: Confessions of An Angry Girl by Louise Rozett

Title: Confessions of An Angry Girl by Louise Rozett
Pages: 272
Publisher: HarlequinTeen
Publication Date: 28th August, 2012
Format: eGalley
Source: Publisher (for review, via NetGalley)


Rose Zarelli, self-proclaimed word geek and angry girl, has some CONFESSIONS to make...

#1: I'm livid all the time. Why? My dad died. My mom barely talks. My brother abandoned us. I think I'm allowed to be irate, don't you?

#2: I make people furious regularly. Want an example? I kissed Jamie Forta, a badass guy who "might" be dating a cheerleader. She is now enraged and out for blood. Mine.

#3: High school might as well be Mars. My best friend has been replaced by an alien, and I see red all the time. (Mars is red and "seeing red" means being angry-get it?)

Here are some other vocab words that describe my life: Inadequate. Insufferable. Intolerable.

(Don't know what they mean? Look them up yourself.) (Sorry. That was rude.)

 --Goodreads summary

Got this from Netgalley and hadn't heard of it previously, ooh. And I quite liked it! I think because the protagonist, Rose, was 15, aka actually my age. The YA books I usually read have protags that are a bit older and I looove them, but it's refreshing to see somebody who I can A C T U A L L Y relate to. Rose herself made me laugh, a lot. She seemed like the kind of girl I would love to hang out with!

I really liked Jamie's character. I liked how he and Rose knew each other before they started to like each other, but I think that MAYBE the guy should've broken-up with his mean cheerleader girlfriend before he went and kissed (and made obvious that he liked) Rose and saved her from the Dreaded Cheerleader Wrath. Cheating is badbadbad, Jamie. IF YOU DON'T LIKE HER, DUMP HER, DUH. You could have Rose! Who is nicer! And you actually care about! Also, Jamie, you are seventeen. Three years isn't generally a huge age difference, but it kind of is when one of you is fourteen at the start of the book.

One thing I didn't think there was enough of was the anger. The novel is titled 'CONFESSIONS OF AN ANGRY GIRL' but Rose didn't seem *that* angry, at least to me. That was kinda baffling. Also, it means the title is a tad misleading. I wanted more angst and shouting! I am a very big fan of angst. And shouting.

Probably not one of my favourite reads, but CONFESSIONS OF AN ANGRY GIRL was full of embarrassing moments and other issues teens face today. It's just the kind of fun, cute (yet cringey and awkward) story I needed to read at the time I read this. There's a sequel due to release next year, which I think I'll have to check out. I could totally see this as like, Disney channel original movie, haha.

"Taciturn (adjective): not given to talking. (see also: Jamie Forta)"

Iffath

5 comments:

  1. I agree, there wasn't enough anger in there. Rose was short-tempered, sure, but she wasn't ANGRY and she wasn't angry all the time, either. I thought needed to let go a bit more.

    And Jamie SO should have broken up with that HORRIBLE girl.

    But I did find myself really enjoying this book on a whole, the sequel looks SO GOOD. And, YES! This could so be a Disney movie or something.

    Awesome review, Iffath.(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this! I requested it from Net Galley but no one has accepted so far, and since it is so near the release date I might have to delete it :( It sounds a really great read - but it is a shame about Jamie not dumping the cheerleader... why would he not break up with the horrible girl??! -_- Anyway, great review, as always, Iffath! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so cute :D I think I'm going to buy this :) Thanks for the awesome review :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iffath! Thanks so much for the review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This review isn't as praising as the others that I've read .. I've got this off Netgallery too but I'm not really sure what to make of it. Will read it soon and see what I make of it..
    Great review!

    -Laura
    What's Hot?

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home