Sunday, June 17, 2012

Letterbox Love #1


Letterbox Love is hosted by Lynsey from Narratively Speaking.

Review
• The Spooks Blood by Joseph Delaney (Random House)
I'm not sure if I'll read this since it's like, the tenth book in a series I haven't read. The cover is so creepy/awesome.
• What's Up With Jody Barton by Hayley Long (My Kinda Book/Pan Macmillan)
Already read, the review should be up sometime soon.
• The Selection by Kiera Cass (HarperCollins)

• Fated by Alyson Noel (My Kinda Book/Pan Macmillan)
I like Alyson Noel's Immortals series, and I've heard this one is good so I'm looking forward to reading.
• Shattered Dreams by Ellie James (Quercus)
I'd never heard of this one before I got it in the post so thank you to Quercus for bringing it to my attention! Sounds interesting!
• The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead (Razorbill UK)
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That is all.

• Dreamless by Josephine Angelini (Pan Macmillan)
REALLY excited for this one. The proof cover is GORGEOUS GORGEOUS GORGEOUS! I need to dig out my copy of Starcrossed and reread that first though!
• Devilish by Maureen Johnson (HarperCollins)
zomg Maureen Johnson. When the fabulous Rosi @ HarperCollins asked if anybody wanted this repackaged version for review I HAD to accept because MAUREEN JOHNSON, and I haven't read this yet!
• Burn for Burn by Maureen Johnson (Simon & Schuster US) (not pictured)
Since the last time I did a post about books I got, I've been accepted for quite a few Netgalley titles (Unspoken, Timepiece, One Moment, Pushing The Limits, Code Name Verity etc), but since I've joined this amazing website of amazingness, never have I ever been excited for such a book I've actually been accepted for (except Wanderlove, Where She Went and Graffiti Moon)!!!!! BECAUSE I LOVE JENNY HAN AND OH MY GOSH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Siobhan Vivian is pretty cool too :P

Won/Swapped/Bought
• The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (Readitswapit.co.uk)
This is one of my favourite books, ever. Gosh, this book you guys. It makes me want to like, vomit glitter and goodness all over the place! I wish that was possible. I have a proof copy, but the hardback I had has disappeared to God knows where and I need a hardback as part of research/reference for my Extended Project so yup.

• The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides (Borrowed)
I tweeted that I really wanted to read this, and the lovely Cait offered to send me a copy because she is lovely! I've read some of it and it is...intriguing. Good intriguing!


• The Descendant by MG Harris (Amazon.co.uk)
Currently free on Kindle.

~

I haven't done any kind of book showcase post since April, so yeah, soz. I haven't really posted much either recently, and I want to say that I have a proper excuse, but I don't. I've just been really busy with school and stuff over the past couple of weeks, and last week it was half-term and I feel like I didn't get any rest at all, and then it was all time for school again. I haven't been able to write many posts this week, but there was a few that went up that I scheduled like, ages ago. So yeah. But it takes me hours to write reviews and stuff so I never get much done. If I owe you a review, I PROMISE I am doing everything I can to get it written. 


Last week, I went to Keris Stainton's Emma Hearts LA launch party and it was SO FUN. After like, a billion years, I finally got to meet Keris and hug her and meet her lovely boys, Harry and Joe (also her husband, David!) and lots of other bloggers (woo, Laura, Steffi, Raimy, Bungle) and author of Heart-Shaped Bruise Tanya Byrne! 


Yesterday I went to the MEN arena to see the Dalai Lama on his Stand Up and Be The Change UK tour to talk to young people about peace and change and stuff. Russell Brand was there, presenting him and I had a really awesome time. 

Currently, I'm rereading the whole of the Princess Diaries series because they're like, my comfort reads and they're without a doubt the best things in the world. <3 MICHAEL I LUV U.


New Twitter name: I'm changing my Twitter name! Soon! Really soon! My current Twitter handle is @lovereadingx, but I will soon be changing it to @deariffath. Why? Because I don't know if you've noticed but my blog name got changed like ages ago, so @lovereadingx is pretty random. And @paintingwithwords is too long! I'll also be creating a new email address for my blog because as I just said, lovereadingx@gmail is completely random blah blah blah. New email address will be deariffath@gmail and I'll make a post closer to the time. Also, I seem to be getting blog emails on both my blog account and my personal, so it's all a bit crazy and confusing.


ALSO, I SEEM TO HAVE ACQUIRED 300 BLOG FOLLOWERS. I HONESTLY HAVE NO IDEA HOW OR WHY THIS HAS HAPPENED CONSIDERING I HAVEN'T EVEN BLOGGED REGULARLY FOR MONTHS NOW. THE ANNOUNCEMENT REQUIRED CAPS, OKAY, I'M SORRY IF I'VE BURST YOUR METAPHORICAL EARDRUMS AND I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What did you guys get/do/read this week? SORRY FOR THE LONG POST.

As Lana Weinberger would say, TTYL!
♥Iffath

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic haul this week, Iffath! So jealous you have The Selection and Devilish - I'm so eager to read those two books :D Fated and Dreamless are apparently really good and everyone LOVES The Sky is Everywhere!

    Hope you enjoy all your fabby books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting 300 followers! :D Also, Devilish looks awesome! I've been meaning to get a copy for ages because Maureen Johnson. Been meaning to read Fated too, even though I wasn't too keen on Evermore. Awesome mailbox! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so jealous that you've got Dreamless... D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Golden Lily!!!!! :D And I really need to read The Virgin Suicides.

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home