Sunday, March 11, 2012

In My Mailbox #69



In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi from The Story Siren and inspired by Alea of Pop Culture Junkie :)

These are the books I got in the last two weeks or so:

For review
• Struck by Jennifer Bosworth (ARC, Random House Children's Books)
• Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris (ARC, HarperCollins Children's Books)
Described on the back as being 'Sophie McKenzie meets the X-Files' -- COOL.
• A Midsummer Tights Dream by Louise Rennison (HarperCollins Children's Books)
OMG YES.
• The Look by Sophie Bennett (Chicken House)
I have already read and reviewed this one. Love.
• Poison Heart by S.B Hayes (Quercus)
I have an ARC of this too, haven't had time to read yet! Looks awesome! I may have to have a 'dark reads' week or something...
• Charmfall by Chloe Neill (Indigo)
Hollow Pike by James Dawson (Indigo)
The finished copy is so gorgeous, man. And it's signed! Woo, thank you Nina!
• Dark Storm by Sarah Singleton (Bloomsbury)
I am super-excited for this one because Sarah Singleton was like, one of the first authors I met, and she is really lovely! It's a ghost story too--yay! Thank you to Sarah at Bookbabblers!

Gift/Won/Other
• Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley (signed)
Cath Crowley, author of Graffiti Moon and A Little Wanting Song was having a giveaway where she asked people to send her a line about something they love so she could put them all together and me being me, submitted her a whole poem. I didn't think I'd have a chance of winning, because some of the entries were just wow and way prettier than mine, and I wasn't hugely bothered because to be honest, I was just excited that Cath Crowley would be reading my entry, LOL! But then I won! And I had a major fan-girl freak-out because I adored Graffiti Moon and Cath Crowley thanked. Me. For. My. Beautiful. Words. OMG. I know a lot of people who read this blog are writers themselves, and know what it feels like when somebody says something nice about your writing, but when it's somebody you really admire, like an actual published author, the feeling is like, to amazing for words. *fan-girls some more* (You can read my poem and the other entries here)


~

HI GUYZ! I haven't done an IMM post since October! Wowness. I used to do them every week on a Sunday, but I think I'll probably do them every two weeks now. I was going to do a mega-huge one of things I've received since October, because I got some super-awesome things, but that would require effort. Sorry :P

(By the way, what are your thoughts on the feature In My Mailbox? I really like it because it means that people might read my post and come across something they've never heard of, but think they would really like. I've found a lot of really awesome-sounding books through other people's IMMs, and I just wondered on your opinion. BUT, I don't want people to think I'm showing off when I list them. I am genuinely excited for anything and everything I receive! There's nothing like coming home from a long day at school to BOOKS! Uh, yeah! What do you think?!)

What did you guys get this week?

♥Iffath

10 comments:

  1. I quite like the cover of The Look and Dark Storm!!

    Happy reading :-)

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Midsummer Tights Dream is really good fun. I am DYING to read Grafitti Moon - well done on winning it, you're poem must have been brilliant :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowza congrats on the autographed copies :-) I hope to get to Grafitti Moon soon too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read Struck especially since when she tours she will be coming here

    Happy Reading
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2012/03/in-my-mailbox-48.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy Struck! It looks great!

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books you have there! I'm going to have to add a few to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You didn't tell me you won Graffiti Moon because of a poem you wrote! That's even more awesome! And Hollow Pike is fab :) Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You won Graffiti Moon! I loved that book. Ahhh, I'm so frickin jealous plus it's signed too! Great IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Midsummer Tights Dream! Soooo lucky! I love Louise Rennison! Enjoy!

    Check out my IMM and GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh! Looks like you got some great books this week! I see some I need to add to my to read list!

    Thanks for sharing!
    http://paulettespapers.com/

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home