Thursday, December 29, 2011

Faves of TwentyEleven: The Random


Day Four: The Random!


Fave first sentence
"It is the first day of November, and so, today, someone will die."
-The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater


Fave book title
OH SO MANY. Darkness Becomes Her (Kelly Keaton), Looking for Alaska (John Green), Graffiti Moon (Cath Crowley), Eight Keys (Suzanne LaFleur) The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Michelle Hodkin), The Day Before (Lisa Schroeder), Wanderlove (Kirsten Hubbard), Between Shades of Gray (Ruta Spetys), Dash & Lily's Book of Dares (David Levithan & Rachel Cohn), The Near Witch (Victoria Schwab), Like Mandarin (Kirsten Hubbard)


And a few for books I never got to read. but were released this year: The Statistical Probability of Love At First Sight (Jen E Smith), The Probability of Miracles (Wendy Wunder), The Lovers Dictionary (David Levithan), Why We Broke Up by Daniel Handler & Maira Kalman, Beauty Queens (Libba Bray), John Belushi Is Dead (Kathy Charles), Raw Blue (Kirsty Eager), This Is Shyness (Leanne Hall),  All These Things I've Done (Gabrielle Zevin)
Other Words for Love (Lorraine Zago Rosenthal), Anna Dressed In Blood (Kendare Blake), Imaginary Girls (Nova Ren Suma), Daughter of Smoke & Bone (Laini Taylor)


Fave reading experience
Hmmmmm, either Naked by Kevin Brooks or Swim the Fly by Don Calame. They're both totally different books, but I had an amazing time reading both of them.


Book with the best food in it
I reread The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins like, five times this year and mmmmmmmm at the foooooooooooood. Katniss is sooooooooooo luckkkkyyyyyyyyyy. LOL.

Book with the most sensual weather
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. Brrrrr at that book man!


Most embarrassing book cover (feeling sheepish in public or just plain ugly)
I'm just..not a fan of people kissing on book covers. Or cartoony ones (when they just don't look right). And I'm not even going to talk about Passion.


Can't believe you waited this long to read the book (!)
Anna & The French Kiss. About a million people recommended this to me after it's December 2010 release, but I only got around to reading this September! TOTALLY GORGEOUS.



Book you'd give your mum/sister to read
My Sister Lives on The Mantelpiece by Annabel Pitcher and/or Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur



Book you'd give your dad/brother to read
Almost True by Keren David, Long Reach by Peter Cocks, Department 19 by Will Hill and/or One Seriously Messed Up Week... by Tom Clempson. I read quite a few boy-ish book this year! Would probably give them to my brother rather than Dad though.. haha



Book you'd like to give your past-self to read
Eight Keys by Suzanne LaFleur. This is aimed at a little younger audience than me, and I think I would've adored it as much as I do now had I read it when I was 11/12-ish.



Book that lived up to (or superseded) the hype
Quite a few! Across the Universe by Beth Revis, Divergent by Veronica Roth, Looking for Alaska by John Green, Anna & The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins, Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton etc. But I'm going to go with... Paranormalcy by Kiersten White, because I read that last week and it was BLEEP-ing awesome <3


Book you stayed the latest to finish (confess!!!)
This was back in January but I remember it clearly.. Siren by Tricia Rayburn! One of my favourite paranormals of the year - super spooky and captivating.


Book you were *dying* to get your hands on the most
Where She Went by Gayle Forman *grin,* It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han *EVEN BIGGER GRIN,* Forever by Maggie Stiefvater or Bloodlines by Richelle Mead!



Fattest brick of a book you read (by page count)
Angel Fire by LA Weatherly. DUDE.



Killer cliffhanger award
Oooooooooooohhhhhhhhh, Variant by Robison Wells! Bloodlines by Richelle Mead! Aaaaaaaaand I can't think of anymore because my brain is all mashed up*

Variant, by Robison Wells


*Not literally. That would be disgusting. EW THE IMAGE IS IN MY HEAD NOW. * quietly exits*

♥Iffath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home