Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Faves of TwentyEleven: The Characters



Day Two: The Characters



Favourite female main character
ASDFGHJKL. How am I meant to choose this? HOW?! Instead, you can have a list of the first five that immediately spring to mind: Mia Hall (Where She Went), Rory Deveaux (The Name of the Star), Delaney Maxwell (Fracture), Isabel 'Belly' Conklin (Summer series), Alaska Young (Looking for Alaska). Le sigh x infinity.



Favourite male main character
EQUALLY HARD ONE. I shall go with Adam Wilde (Where She Went) and Pudge Halter (Looking for Alaska by John Green) and not say anything else.

Best couple <3
ADAM & MIA. ADAM & MIA. ADAM & MIA 4 LYF.
THEN, (in no particular order), Dash & Lily, Evie & Lend, McLean & Dave, Violet & Jay, Lucy & Ed, Harper & Jake, Sam & Grace, Anna & Etienne, Bria & Rowan, Kate & Vincent...
And I'm going to stop there.




Who I so want to be best friends with
Cammie Morgan. Or Sophie Mercer. HEHE, I'd have so much fun with those two!

Who I fell in love with (new literary crush)
ADAM WILDE AGAIN AND AGAIN AND A-FREAKIN'-GAIN. Etienne St Clair (Anna and The French Kiss). Dash (Dash & Lily's Book of Dares). Rowan (Wanderlove).

Worst (best and baddest) villain
Archer Cross (Hex Hall & Demonglass). But honourable mention goes to Ty MacFarlane! (Stolen)

Best character twist (who you loved then hated or vice versa)
Rowan (The Iron Fey series). I wasn't sure about Rowan AT ALL. I hated him first, and then felt kind of swoony because he rocks in The Iron Knight.



Best kick-arse female
There were a few kick-arse females in 2011, my ultimate top four would be: Riley from The Demon Trappers series, Rose Hathaway and Sydney Sage from Bloodlines/Vampire Academy, Evie from Paranormalcy. Woo! (I'M SORRY TO THE OTHERS. I LOVE YOU. But you don't need my love, you already have your kickass-ness. *cries*)

Best kick-arse male
Four (Divergent). The boys from Amy Plum's Die for Me were also rather fabulous ;) I will not mention a certain fallen angel *cough* Patch *cough* from a certain book *cough*



Broke your heart the most
Adam Wilde. I JUST WANT TO HUG HIM.

Favourite pet/animal character award
Nero the bird from Blood Red Road! OMG.

Best YA parents award
Imma go with... Elena & Kostas Vilkas (Between Shades of Gray) because they were so, so special.

Favourite sibling relationship
I just read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and the sibling relationship between Mara, Joseph and Daniel is pretty cool. Alec, Izzy and Jace's in The Mortal Instruments trilogy is also great. Oh, and Noah and Chase in Hannah Moskowitz's Invincible Summer.



Favourite best friends/friendship award
Love the friendship group in Anna and The French Kiss! Harper and Laney in Saving June. AND ED AND LEO FROM GRAFFITI MOON! <3 <3

Best/worst character names
Best:
Adam Wilde (Where She Went)
Alaska Young (Looking for Alaska)
Harper Scott (Saving June)
Kostas Vilkas (Between Shades of Gray)
Finley Sinclair (There You'll Find Me)
WW Hale the fifth (Heist Society)
Wesley Benjamin Rush (The DUFF)
Etienne St Clair (Anna and The French Kiss)

Worst:
Kit, Tiffin, Willa (Forbidden)
Roger (Amy & Roger's Epic Detour)


Best love triangles
To be really honest, I don't remember any love triangles from the books I read this year, except for one, even though I know for SURE that I read a few of them. Belly, Conrad & Jeremiah in It's Not Summer Without You.

♥Iffath

1 comment:

  1. Great post! I really need to read Saving June and Graffiti Moon, I've heard many good things about them. Adam seems to be a big for you too, so I defo need to read Where she went! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home