Monday, December 26, 2011

Faves of TwentyEleven: The Books


The awesome Nomes of Inkcrush is hosting a really fun end-of-year book awards! It lasts for five days, and topics include books, covers and characters, as well as a couple of others. Here are... the Faves of TwentyEleven!

Favourite book read in 2011
This one is way to hard. Waaaaaaaay. But I'm going to go with... Looking For Alaska by John Green because first of all, John Green, and second of all, it's freakin' mindblowing. Reallly close were Where She Went, Divergent, Wanderlove, Graffiti Moon, Ultraviolet and Die for Me, Forgotten.



Most powerful book
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys, hands down.


Brilliantly funny
I don't read many funny books, but if I somebody says 'funny (YA) books' the first two things to pop into my head are Swim the Fly by Don Calame and One Seriously Messed-Up Week... by Tom Clempson, which I read earlier this year. I wasn't sure I'd actually laugh at either of them, but I did. Lots.


Best ache-y, heartbreaking, tearjerker read
Ummmmm, Between Shades of Gray. A real stunner that one was.
And also Where She Went* because.. well just BECAUSE
AND AND AND It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han *cries*

 


Most beautiful story
The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder. My first novel-in-verse and one I won't forget. WHERE SHE WENT.


Delicious rainy day comfort read
I have so many that could go here! Jessie ♥ NYC, Anna and The French Kiss, Dash & Lily's Book of Dares.. le swoon at all of them!


Adrenalin-fuelled, unputdownable award
The Iron Knight by Julie Kagawa. Sure I didn't love the first book, but the two middle books were great and this was one just awesome, a total ride.

The beautiful prose award
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
*cough* Where She Went *cough*


Most atmospheric and vivid setting
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. I love the island almost as much as Sean and Puck do.


I-so-want-to-go-there award
ooh! Anna & The French Kiss, perhaps? Because, Paris = ooh la la! Or Wanderlove by Kristen Hubbard because that just made we want to travel ANYWHERE! <3 <3


Most original and imaginative
Forgotten by Cat Patrick was very original and imaginative and so, so GOOD.


Best under-appreciated, hidden gem book
Adios Nirvana by Conrad Wesselhoeft! I finished this on holiday during the summer and couldn't beleive that nobody had told me to put it at the top of my -to-read-netgalley pile!!!


I-had-no-idea-I-would-love-this-so award
I think I'd have to say Stick by Andrew Smith. I didn't know a thing about this one, and it surprised me in the best way.


Most haunting story
Haunting as in scary? Or haunting as in.. unforgettable? I'm going to go for scary and say Dark Inside. I had freakin' nightmares after finishing that one. *shivers*


Outside of my comfort zone but gosh how I loved it
An Act of Love by Alan Gibbons - this was way out of my league, but I loved it for exactly that. The Other Countess and The Queen's Lady by Eve Edwards, and Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen were great too, I never used to like anything that wasn't set in the last few years, but NOW I LOVE IT.



Series that I'm loving
Gallagher Girls series by Ally Carter. Ally Carter FTW!


Always recommending this book award
Looking for Alaska by John Green. If you want to see me gush go HERE.


Completely awesome premise award
Megan Miranda's 2012 debut Fracture. SO WOW GUYZ.


Would make the best movie
Firespell by Chloe Neill. I'd totally love to see that!


Want to re-read already
Dash & Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan! I can't beleive I've never read anything by this fabulous duo before!


*I think it's safe to say that I really love this book and it should be in every category above, by default.

♥Iffath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home