Sunday, July 17, 2011

COVER REVEAL: Bloodlines by Richelle Mead, the new UK version

So you may recall me featuring the awesome cover for the UK version of Bloodlines by Richelle Mead recently on DisCover, but I've just been informed from Razorbill UK/Penguin that the rumours are in fact true and they will no longer be using the illustrated cover, but instead have decided to go with the US cover "for a more global series look."

Here's the cover for you:

I'm pretty disappointed actually. I posted the US cover here and wrote about how although I adore the fonts used, I'm not that big on the models. My thoughts are still the same, but I get think I get why the UK are using that one instead. Still makes me sad though, the white one was a perfectly good one, why waste it? I guess the series will match whether you get a US or UK edition now though! And I'll *definitely* be reading the book, regardless what the cover looks like! And there are a few minor changes on our version.. the tag line which I love is at the bottom! And I think it would look better if there wasn't the 'author of Vampire Academy bit.'

Oh and actually, the UK cover is quite different from the US one, better different. If you look below where I've put the cover side-byside, you'll be able to see it. It's not a massive thing, but wheras I didn't warm to the US cover, the UK one, I can see myself warming too! (That doesn't make any sense at ALL, does it?)

 
UK | US


♥Iffath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home