Monday, June 27, 2011

DisCover #15

I loveLoveLOVE book covers as much as I love the books themselves..you guys might know that already..so I decided to make a new feature (called DisCover..geddit?!) where I'll be highlighting 3-4 books covers every week! Then, you can ooh and aah as much as you like in the comments box! 

So I had a list of covers that I could possibly feature today that I did last Monday, but since then there has been a million cover reveals and I am EXPLODING from all the prettiness. Exhibit A:



Bloodlines by Richelle Mead

BLOOD DOESN'T LIE. Sydney is an alchemist, one of a group of humans who dabble in magic and serve to bridge the worlds of human and vampires. They protect vampire secrets - and human lives. When Sydney is torn from her bed in the middle of the night, at first she thinks she's still being punished for her complicated alliance with dhampir Rose Hathaway. But what unfolds is far worse. Jill Dragomir - the sister of Moroi Queen Lissa Dragomir - is in mortal danger, and the Moroi must send her into hiding. To avoid a civil war, Sydney is called upon to act as Jill's guardian and protector, posing as her roommate in the last place anyone would think to look for vampire royalty - a human boarding school in Palm Springs, California. But instead of finding safety at Amberwood Prep, Sydney discovers the drama is only just beginning...


So here's the UK cover for a book we're all (well I know I am) waiting for! At first I wasn't too sure.. but I actually sat there, staring at it for a while! I wasn't too keen on the US cover - wasn't a big fan of the model, so I'm glad this one is illustrated! There isn't a lot of illustrated YA covers, so I'm really glad one that is as big as this will be is! The tattoo-ish design really stands out on the white background. AND THE STRAPLINE.
Plus, the title font is gorgeous. 



Dead To You by Lisa McMann

Ethan was abducted from his front yard when he was just seven years old. Now, at sixteen, he has returned to his family. It's a miracle... at first. Then the tensions start to build. His reintroduction to his old life isn't going smoothly, and his family is tearing apart all over again. If only Ethan could remember something, anything, about his life before, he'd be able to put the pieces back together. But there's something that's keeping his memory blocked. Something unspeakable...


Have I mentioned how I adore covers like this, with mega-close-ups of somebody's face? Like Carrie Harris's Bad Taste in Boys? LOVE. And also, new Lisa McMann!



The Last Echo by Kimberly Derting

Violet kept her morbid ability to sense dead bodies a secret from everyone except her familyand her childhood-best-friend-turned-boyfriend, Jay Heaton. That is until forensic psychologist Sara Priest discovered Violet’s talent and invited her to use her gift to track down murderers. Now, as she works with an eclectic group of individuals—including mysterious and dangerously attractive Rafe—it’s Violet’s job to help those who have been murdered by bringing their killers to justice. When Violet discovers the body of a college girl killed by “the girlfriend collector” she is determined to solve the case. But now the serial killer is on the lookout for a new “relationship” and Violet may have caught his eye....


This was JUST RELEASED TODAY! First of all, THE TITLE! And second, the COVER! OMG! Squee!! AND THE SNIPPET!! *dies* The colour is just stunning and the cover in general is just stunning. Ahhhhh.. I really need this book.

What do you think???!!!!

♥Iffath

4 comments:

  1. Not sure how I feel about the uk bloodlines cover yet, I'm waiting to see it in the flesh I think. Haha I love the title of this feature, very clever =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not really a fan of the UK Bloodlines cover (I don't like the US one either), but love the other two! I still haven't read Desires of the Dead yet but can't wait for The Last Echo. So many books I want to read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these covers! Especially The Last Echo! Oh, my the purple! ;P Great covers. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these covers! Especially Bloodlines and The Last Echo. I find Dead To You a little creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home