Monday, June 20, 2011

DisCover #14

I loveLoveLOVE book covers as much as I love the books themselves..you guys might know that already..so I decided to make a new feature (called DisCover..geddit?!) where I'll be highlighting 3-4 books covers every week! Then, you can ooh and aah as much as you like in the comments box! 

CLICK TO EMBIGGEN. BUT FIRST, THIS IS
ME, WARNING  YOU OF THE CONSEQUENCES


Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all? 


I love Twitter for many, many reasons. But one of the biggest has to be because I've heard about so many awesome YA titles on there. And THE COVER REVEALS. I was just there, minding my own business, when suddenly the cover for Incarnate appeared and I NEARLY FAINTED BECAUSE OF THE PRETTINESS YOU GUYS.



What We Keep Is Not Always What Will Stay by Amanda Cockrell

Fifteen-year-old Angie never used to think much about God—until things started getting weird. Like the statue of St. Felix, her secret confidante, suddenly coming off his pedestal and talking to her. And Angie's mother, who's busting up her third marriage for no apparent reason. Then there's Jesse Francis, sent home from Afghanistan at age nineteen with his leg blown off. Now he's expected to finish high school and fit right back in.
 Is God even paying attention to any of this?




Against the advice of an increasingly vocal St. Felix (who knows a thing or two about war), Angie falls for Jesse—who's a lot deeper than most high school guys. But Jesse is battling some major demons. As his rages start to become more frequent and unpredictable, Angie finds herself losing control of the situation. And she's starting to wonder: can one person ever make things right for 'someone else?


I can't explain my love for this. I just.. can't. It's so.. ME. Reminds me a lot of the cover of The Shape of Water by Anne Spollen which is super cool.



Momentum by Saci Lloyd

London, the near future. Energy wars are flaring across the globe - oil prices have gone crazy, regular power cuts are a daily occurrence. The cruel Kossak soldiers prowl the streets, keeping the Outsiders - the poor, the disenfranchised - in check. Hunter is a Citizen: one of the privileged of society, but with his passion for free running and his rebel friend Leo he cannot help but be fascinated by the Outsiders. So when he meets Outsider Uma, he is quickly drawn into their world - and into an electrifying and dangerous race to protect everything they hold dear.


I adored The Carbon Diaries by Saci Lloyd (and the cover) and I *SQUEEEEED* when I found out about this! Pop art covers FOR THE WIN! I really like the tagline, "Everything starts right here right now" - kinda creepy and the font is bold and in-your-face. The colour scheme for the cover is also fab, love the blue and yellow.

I promise in next week's DisCover I will try to at least make some semi-intelligent(-sounding) comments. <3

What do you think?

♥Iffath

2 comments:

  1. Cool covers! Momentum is a serious attention grabber. It makes me want to know so much more about what it is about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for adding INCARNATE to your post! I'm so glad you love the cover; I do, too!

    (I also almost fainted when I saw it.)

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home