Monday, June 06, 2011

DisCover #13

I loveLoveLOVE book covers as much as I love the books themselves..you guys might know that already..so I decided to make a new feature (called DisCover..geddit?!) where I'll be highlighting 3-4 books covers every week! Then, you can ooh and aah as much as you like in the comments box! 



The Iron Knight (Iron Fey #4) by Julie Kagawa

There isn't a synopsis for this one but I don't like to leave this space because it will mess up ther layout of this post so here I am, entertaining you with my charming wit and gorgeous looks and all the random crap that is swimming through my head right now. 

You want to actually see inside my head RIGHT NOW? As in, what is going on at THIS MOMENT IN TIME?

This.

" woah, look at all the preeeeeeeeeeetttttttttttttttyyyyyyyy.

*☆∴*★∵~∶。◦°✰*¨*•.¸¸✩~"



I am SO loving all of those shades of blue right now! AND LOOK AT HIS EYES. *dies* I always pictured Ash with blond hair though..
I can't help but mention how much more awesome it would be if the dude was looking away.. it would just like, *complete* the whole cover. But it's still gorgeous! My favourite of all of the covers in the series :)



The Wood Queen by Karen Mahoney

ARGH THIS DOESN'T HAVE A SYNOPSIS YET EITHER! Le sigh. Oh wait, look what I just found!

Two weeks after the events of The Iron Witch, reluctant alchemist-in-training, Donna Underwood, must face the consequences of her actions--actions that some believe 
make her a traitor.


At the same time, Donna’s iron tattoos are acting strangely and she experiences bleak visions filled with warnings of a coming darkness. When the Wood Queen steps into her life once more, it appears that Donna’s role in the centuries old war against the fey is very far from over--only this time it is her mother’s life that hangs in the balance...


Love. I admit, the cover for The Wood Queen was revealed on Kaz's blog a while ago, but I completely forgot that I meant to feature it on DisCover. Good thing, because since then, Flux have decided to do their own cover shoot with a model to replace the stock image that was originally used (click for previous cover). I think they did a fantastic job though, because it's gorgeous. I especially love Donna's arms! And the way she had them up over her head. 



A Touch Morbid by Leah Clifford

Death isn't what Eden expected. Where the hell is her release? Her quiet ending? Not that Eden remembers the details of her final hours, but one thing is for sure--becoming a sider, trapped between life and death, was definitely not part of the plan...

For Eden, nothing seems to be coming easy. There's no way of telling what will happen when her fingertips graze human skin. The power that builds inside her, Touch, strips away morals and logic.

Some people only feel a high; others are overcome by their darkest thoughts.

But honestly there's not much time for her to worry about her effect on mere mortals. She's got her own drama. Somehow, word's gotten around that her Touch can kill her own kind. With desperate siders already camping out on her doorstep, the last thing Eden needs is the rumor to spread. Especially since it's true... 


Um, green hair FTW? For one thing, I think the name is awesome. A Touch Mortal (title of first book) was really cool, but A Touch Morbid? Even cooler. The cover is so.. dark and twisty and very 'morbid.' And I wasn't sure about that shade of green with the purple and blue, but it's growing on me. I'm starting to think they compliment each other pretty well too..

What do you think?

♥Iffath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home