Friday, May 13, 2011

REVIEW: Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

Infinite Days
by Rebecca Maizel
Pages: 400
Publisher: Macmillan Children's Books
Publication Date: 1st April 2011 (this edition)
Paperback.

Summary:
For 500 years Lenah Beaudonte has been a vampire. 500 years of seduction, blood and destruction. But she is sickened by her dark powers – and longs to feel the sun on her skin, grass under her bare feet, and share the breath of a human kiss. She wants to be mortal again. But is she really capable of being human, after her long years of darkness? Waking up as a sixteen-year-old girl brings Lenah many things – the life she has missed, taste, touch, love. But a vampire soul is not easily shed. And her coven – the four vampires she led in decadence and thrilling destruction – want their queen back . . .

Infinite Days is different from other vampire novels in the way that the main protagonist, Lenah, has been changed back into a human after 500 years of being a vampire, with the help of an extremely dangerous, ancient ritual and her (vampire) love, Rhode.

I was really looking forward to meeting Lenah's love-interest, Justin, but I'm sorry to say that their relationship was a major let-down. It seemed really rushed and almost forced. I got that they had a connection, but it should have been explained a little more (I personally didn't see anything in Justin..pfft. TEAM RHODE). Also, it bothered me the way Justin dumped his girlfriend for Lenah. I liked Tony though! And Rhode! He was awesome, and I loved that he, literally, died for Lenah to become human again. So. Sweet.

I didn't love Lenah as a character straight-away, but as the story progressed, she grew on me. The way her character changed was really fascinating to see, the way she has to understand this new, modern world that she's really not used to, I liked that. The little flashbacks of her vampire life were great to read, they gave me more of an insight into her thoughts and memories. I'd love to see a prequel of the novel, Lenah's vampire life really interested me and I'd love to know more about her earlier vampire years.

Maizel did a good job of telling the story, but I wasn't *entirely* convinced by some of the plot twists. I thought that the author has a lot of promise though, and I'll make sure to pick up the sequel, Stolen Nights. Mostly 'cause of the HUGE cliffhanger though. Really confused/excited/nervous about what's going to happen now! :D Overall, Infinite Days was a memorable read and a worthy addition to the vampire sub-genre. And it's certainly better than some vampire novels post-Twilight!


♥Iffath

2 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm kinda sad you didn't love this book as much as I did. I think the history bits really made this for me, but I loved the whole concept of a vampire becoming human again. I can't wait to read Stolen Nights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please for humanity's sake please do it once
    I have made a blog at blogger.com Since i have added a google adsense in the blog but haven't made a penny with this. I need your help and support to help me make some money to PAY MY Tuition Fees.

    What you have to do is follow these simple steps

    1.go to http://kwotz2011.blogspot.com/
    2.Remain on the page i.e Kwotz for one minute or so and do some random surfing
    3. click ONE of the ads that APPEALS to you from Ads by Google boxes and visit there.
    4.remain on that page for one minute or so and do some random surfing.
    and that's it.

    Note: Only ONE click is needed. If I ever ask you again for the click please never ever click again.
    I will be grateful to you.
    I really need your help

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home