Monday, March 21, 2011

REVIEW: Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin

Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance
by Emily Franklin and Brendan Halpin
Pages: 240
Publisher: Bloomsbury
Publication Date: 7th March 2011
Format: Paperback

Summary:
Teen TV celebrities Jenna and Jonah (real names, Charlie Tracker and Fielding Withers) make more money in a month than most people do in a lifetime. They can't stand to be in the same room as each other, but to boost the TV ratings their agents make them a 'real life' couple. Then the deception is uncovered by the paparazzi, and Charlie and Fielding have to disappear to weather the media storm. It's not until they're far off the grid of the Hollywood circuit that they realise there's more to each of them than shiny hair and a winning smile.

Jenna (really called Charlie) and Jonah (really called Fielding...) are two teen stars in a teenage sitcom. To help the show along, the pair are an off-screen couple. Pretending to be in love with your co-star isn't ALL that easy as it seems, so when their cover is blown, Jenna and Jonah are forced to go into hiding and reveal their true selves to each other. And if that's not enough, they then have to star beside each other in a production of Shakespeare's Much Ado About Nothing which is not at all what they're used to doing.

I really liked Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance. It reminded me of the sorta stuff I used to read when I was a little younger, when I'd go to the library once a week, and I'd walk out of there, my bag heavy with eight books, those books were the kinda stuff I practically LIVED for. I'm looking forward to see what else Halpin and Franklin give us, if they decided to collaborate on another book - hop they do! Somebody told me that they have another one..will have to look into that!


The novel is such a sweet, fun read! Although the storyline wasn't anything incredibly elaborate, it was something cute and romantic and I'd like to see more of this please! It was interesting to see how Charlie and Fielding well, put it simply, fake their relationship, and also what exactly happens at the heart of these TV shows..no pun intended. *giggles* It gives a fantastic insight on what the life of teen stars are really like, and how hard it is for them sometimes. And the novel made me think about the behind-the-scenes things about TV shows that we don't necessarily know, I mean, for all we know, the relationships of all of these famous actors/actresses COULD BE FAKE! FOR REALZ!

Both Charlie and Fielding were also very relatable, and I felt like I could agree with their feelings and experiences, even if, compared to me, they are on a whole other planet, which was a big plus for me. After all, they *are* just teenagers, and I felt sorry for them at times, because their was a lot of pressure on them, a lot of drama caused with a single sentence said.

I've seen some reviews where people have said that this would be great as a Disney teen movie, and when I thought about it, it would be such a great idea! Jenna & Jonah has all the perfect elements for a teen movie, and I'd definitely watch it!

One thing though - I wasn't too big on the alternate chapters. I have a tendency to um..forget..who's narrating. *blushes*

Short, but incredibly sweet, Jenna & Jonah's Fauxmance is the kinda feel-good, witty novel that we all love a bit of! It's a book that had me smiling throughout it, and I hope it makes you smile too! ☺ 

Thank you to Bloomsbury for sending me this! - LOVE THE PINK!


♥Iffath

2 comments:

  1. Fab review! Sounds like a great read : )

    http://www.booksterreviews-cliona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so you mean some of the relationships on TV might not be real - nooooo! lol

    Fab review :D

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home