Monday, February 07, 2011

DisCover #8

I loveLoveLOVE book covers as much as I love the books themselves..you guys might know that already..so I decided to make a new feature (called DisCover..geddit?!) where I'll be highlighting 3-4 books covers every week! Then, you can ooh and aah as much as you like in the comments box! 

There's been so many gorgeous cover reveals recently! And I've been so busy and neglected DisCover for the past two weeks :( Expect a post sometime this week with some more gorgerousness!



Forgotten by Cat Patrick

Each night when 16 year-old London Lane goes to sleep, her whole world disappears. In the morning, all that's left is a note telling her about a day she can't remember. The whole scenario doesn't exactly make high school or dating that hot guy whose name she can't seem to recall any easier. But when London starts experiencing disturbing visions she can't make sense of, she realizes it's time to learn a little more about the past she keeps forgetting-before it destroys her future.

Part psychological drama, part romance, and part mystery, this thought-provoking novel will inspire readers to consider the what-if's in their own lives and recognize the power they have to control their destinies.


I first heard about this whilst stalking Josefin
Jönsson's blog, and rushed to Goodreads to see if there was anymore info on it. I found the US cover, which is the this one here. I LOVED it. But then Goodreads changed it to another one I LOVE, very pretty. The effect with the poppies (I think it is?) looks awesome. But the author still has the butterfly one on her website so I'm not sure which one is the final cover..(does anybody know?).

More recently, Josefine posted the UK cover, which features her on the cover. I think it's lovely, I really liked how they've flipped the image of her, one in colour, and one black and white that looks like it's transparent.. One thing about the UK cover though is that I wish the designers had chosen a nice font for the title. Something fancy, that jumps right at you instead of the current one! :/


Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton

Ari can’t help feeling lost and alone. With teal eyes and freakish silver hair that can’t be changed or destroyed, Ari has always stood out. And after growing up in foster care, she longs for some understanding of where she came from and who she is.

Her search for answers uncovers just one message from her long dead mother: Run. Ari can sense that someone, or something, is getting closer than they should. But it’s impossible to protect herself when she doesn’t know what she’s running from or why she is being pursued.

She knows only one thing: she must return to her birthplace of New 2, the lush rebuilt city of New Orleans. Upon arriving, she discovers that New 2 is very...different. Here, Ari is seemingly normal. But every creature she encounters, no matter how deadly or horrifying, is afraid of her.

Ari won’t stop until she knows why. But some truths are too haunting, too terrifying, to ever be revealed.


Both the US and UK covers for this are stunning! There's just something about the US cover (pictured above) that shines..I especially like the title though! That font is fantastic with the dark background and I love the blue. And the tagline: Beneath every beauty, evil stirs.

I think that's one of the most awesome taglines I've ever read! :D

You can see the UK cover here, and you'll see exactly what I mean when I say I love it! Oh the purple-y goodness *sighs* And green eyes are always a win with me! Really looking forward to reading this!



Angel Burn by LA Weatherly

Willow knows she’s different from other girls, and not just because she loves tinkering with cars. Willow has a gift. She can look into the future and know people’s dreams and hopes, their sorrows and regrets, just by touching them. She has no idea where this power comes from. But the assassin, Alex, does. Gorgeous, mysterious Alex knows more about Willow than Willow herself. He knows that her powers link to dark and dangerous forces, and that he’s one of the few humans left who can fight them. When Alex finds himself falling in love with his sworn enemy, he discovers that nothing is as it seems, least of all good and evil. In the first book in an action-packed, romantic trilogy, L..A. Weatherly sends readers on a thrill-ride of a road trip — and depicts the human race at the brink of a future as catastrophic as it is deceptively beautiful.


You guys should already know that Angel (in the UK) was one of my favourite's of 2010! I lurrrrvee the UK cover and assumed that the US would have the same, but they did their own!


I have to say I don't love it as much as our cover, but it *is* gorgeous! I kinda like what Willow's hair is doing..but just looking at it is making me laugh! The pattern around 'Angel Burn' is very pretty. And I love the warm colours that have been used! It fits in with the 'Angel' subject, and contrasts with what those Angels are like..

What do you think?

♥Iffath

6 comments:

  1. I like the cover for Angel Burn, but I prefer the UK Angel cover I think. Loving the poppies on Forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgotten is gorgeous! But I definitely prefer the UK cover for Darkness Becomes Her. Angel Burn is stunning too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Angel Burn's cover. Actually both the US and UK covers are pretty. I really want to get my hands on Darkness Becomes Her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgotten sounds so good! Really excited for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually don't like this cover for Forgotten much, but I love the purple one and the one with Josefine on it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice covers.

    (Is it just me, or does the synopsis for Forgotten sound a bit like the plot of that Adam Sandler movie, 50 First Dates?)

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home