Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #23

image source
Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Shine by Lauren Myracle
Publisher: Amulet Books (US)
Release Date: 1st May 2011 (US)

When her best guy friend falls victim to a vicious hate crime, sixteen-year-old Cat sets out to discover who in her small town did it. Richly atmospheric, this daring mystery mines the secrets of a tightly knit Southern community and examines the strength of will it takes to go against everyone you know in the name of justice. 
Against a backdrop of poverty, clannishness, drugs, and intolerance, Myracle has crafted a harrowing coming-of-age tale couched in a deeply intelligent mystery. Smart, fearless, and compassionate, this is an unforgettable work from a beloved author.

I just got this on NetGalley and it looks like an awesome read! I haven't read anything by Lauren before, but I do have a copy of Bliss which I hope to start soon. The cover Shine is especially pretty as well..*melts* May be a while until I can read it though..I don't see any type of eBook Reader in my near future :((

♥Iffath

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home