Monday, January 17, 2011

DisCover #7

I loveLoveLOVE book covers as much as I love the books themselves..you guys might know that already..so I decided to make a new feature (called DisCover..geddit?!) where I'll be highlighting 3-4 books covers every week! Then, you can ooh and aah as much as you like in the comments box! 



The Liar Society by Lisa & Laura Roecker

Kate Lowry didn't think dead best friends could send e-mails. But when she gets an e-mail from Grace, she’s not so sure.

To: KateLowry@pemberlybrown.edu
Sent: Sun 9/14 11:59 PM
From: GraceLee@pemberlybrown.edu
Subject: (no subject)

Kate,
I'm here…
sort of.
Find Cameron.
He knows.
I shouldn't be writing.
Don't tell.
They'll hurt you.

Now Kate has no choice but to prove once and for all that Grace’s death was more than just a tragic accident. But secrets haunt the halls of her elite private school. Secrets people will do anything to protect. Even if it means getting rid of the girl trying to solve a murder...


I remember when I first saw this book at Sourcebooks and we were asked to help choose the cover..I think this one wins by FAR. Hair = made of pure awesome sauce. I mean, who doesn't want pink hair?! I love pink and if you have pink hair I'll love you even more! *sighs* Pinkpinkpinkpinkpinkpinkpinkpinkpinkpinkkkkkk. The black background looks fantastic and 
Kate is SO rockin' those pearls!



Die for Me by Amy Plum

DIE FOR ME is the first of three books about Kate, a sixteen-year-old American who moves to Paris after the death of her parents. She finds herself falling for Vincent, who she discovers is not the typical French teenager he appears: he is something else entirely.

DIE FOR ME presents a new supernatural mythology presented in a city where dreams are sometimes the same as reality.


The author just revealed this a few days ago (this is the UK cover by the way, that Atom are using) and ohmyGod it's beautiful. The swirls are absolutely gorgeous and I LOVE the colour scheme. The especially love the way the sky go from a white-ish colour to a deep red..and the font is tres pretty.

*Please note that this cover may not be final, there may be a couple of minor alterations, and where it says 'Strapline running just here', there will actually be a strapline. Lol.



Shattered Souls by Mary Lindsey

A dark and dangerous forbidden love story about a Speaker who helps lingering ghosts pass to the spirit world and the Protector who has pledged to server her. Coming December 8, 2011 from Philomel/Penguin.


I really like the angle that the image of Shattered Souls has been taken at; what has been done with the petals looks stunning and incredibly unique. It looks fantastic on the cover!

Plus it's coming out the day of mine and Ian Somerhalder's birthday. #thingsthatmakeiffathhappy

What do you think?

♥Iffath

8 comments:

  1. The Liar society I am not fond of just because it reminds me to much of Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter

    The Die for Me cover is really pretty. It sort of reminds me of the Fallen and Torment book covers.

    The Shattered Souls cover is really unique. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the covers you have chosen, I already want to read Die for me and Shattered souls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian Somerhaulder <3 <3 He is God!

    Die for me reminds me also of Fallen and Torment, with the Liar Soceity reminding me of Gallagher Girls as well.

    Shattered Souls looks amaze tho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shattered Souls... wow- the cover is beautiful<3

    Ian Somerhalder<3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for including my cover for Shattered Souls in your post. I love it. The main character's name in her past lives is Rose, so the Penguin art department has her shattering apart into rose petals. Crazy clever art folks.

    I think the Liar Society cover is an eye catcher and I've not seen the Die For Me cover until now. Gorgeous.

    Thanks again.

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic covers! THE LIAR SOCIETY is a real winner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish I had pink hair... ;p
    Awesome covers! I hadn't seen the Die For Me cover before and it is STUNNING, and Shattered Souls... So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home