Monday, January 10, 2011

DisCover #6

I loveLoveLOVE book covers as much as I love the books themselves..you guys might know that already..so I decided to make a new feature (called DisCover..geddit?!) where I'll be highlighting 3-4 books covers every week! Then, you can ooh and aah as much as you like in the comments box! 




The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin


Mara Dyer believes life can’t get any stranger than waking up in a
hospital with no memory of how she got there. It can.

She believes there must be more to the accident she can’t remember
that killed her friends and left her strangely unharmed. There is.

She doesn’t believe that after everything she’s been
through, she can fall in love. She’s wrong.


Just *swoon*. OMG. I can't even.

*pre-pre-pre-orders* TIMES TEN.



Dead Beautiful by Yvonne Woon




On the morning of her sixteenth birthday, Renée Winters was still an ordinary girl. She spent her summers at the beach, had the perfect best friend, and had just started dating the cutest guy at school. No one she'd ever known had died. But all that changes when she finds her parents dead in the Redwood Forest, in what appears to be a strange double murder.

After the funeral Renée’s wealthy grandfather sends her to Gottfried Academy, a remote and mysterious boarding school in Maine, where she finds herself studying subjects like Philosophy, Latin, and the “Crude Sciences.”

It’s there that she meets Dante Berlin, a handsome and elusive boy to whom she feels inexplicably drawn. As they grow closer, unexplainable things begin to happen, but Renée can’t stop herself from falling in love. It’s only when she discovers a dark tragedy in Gottfried’s past that she begins to wonder if the Academy is everything it seems.

Little does she know, Dante is the one hiding a dangerous secret, one that has him fearing for her life.


I really liked the US cover for this (which you can see here) but I think the UK cover is the best! I've wanted to read this for a while because of how awesome the summary sounded; do you see the tagline at the top of the cover? Well, I probably would've bought that book for that one sentence alone. The dark green is gorgeous and I love how the model is standing..I won't explain it because you would all probably think I'm a right weirdo!

I was just flicking through my blogger dashboard and I came across a post on Leanna's blog (Daisy Chain Book Reviews). On the post, Leanna has a different UK cover, I'm not sure where she got it from but I think the one I have above is the official one (correct me if I'm wrong) as I got it from the publisher's website, although I'm not sure. The other is one is stunning as well, but I don't like that the model is smaller. I do however love the lettering used and the extra details on the border of the cover. It reminds me of the cover of How I Live Now by Meg Rosoff.



Bitter Moon by Cara Chow


Frances, a Chinese-American student at an academically competitive school in San Francisco, has always had it drilled into her to be obedient to her mother and to be a straight-A student so that she can go to Med school. But is being a doctor what she wants? It has never even occurred to Frances to question her own feelings and desires until she accidentally winds up in speech class and finds herself with a hidden talent. Does she dare to challenge the mother who has sacrificed everything for her? Set in the 1980s.


This is such a simple cover, but it just looks SO pretty. I love the colour of the title and the author's name. And I think the fonts used work beautifully.

What do you think?

♥Iffath

1 comment:

  1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer! I have such a cover crush on that book. It is GORGEOUS! :D

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home