Thursday, January 06, 2011

COVER REVEALS: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater and Passion by Lauren Kate

Two covers of two books I am SOBLOODYEXCITEDFOR were revealed today! I give you..the UK cover of Forever by Maggie Stiefvater, the last book in the Wolves of Mercy trilogy:


YET AGAIN, Scholastic UK have done a TREMENDOUS job on a cover. It's BEAUTIFUL. I LOVE how shiny the cover is! I'm sure the mirror-y effect is going to look incredbily in real life! The rose is a very interesting part of the cover..sorta reminds me of Beauty & the Beast!

The rain I think is awesome too; Maggie suggested that it will be the tears of us British readers..which means..I don't even want to think about what it means!!!! :)

Scholastic are also giving away some signed Lament samplers over on their Twitter!

Another cover that was released today..Passion by Lauren Kate!

I honestly don't know what to say.

I can't work out if I like the cover or not.

The cover of Fallen I *adored*. The cover of Torment I wasn't sure about at first, but it grew on me. The cover of Passion..not really what I was expecting.

On the covers of Fallen and Torment, we don't see Luce's face. I would have LOVED to see her facing forward so we could see her whole face finally. The model on the front: She looks beautiful, but I didn't see Luce that skinny, I think she looks a bit too goth as well to be Luce.

I love what her hair is doing though, and I admit I think the backdrop fits perfectly! The colours contrast to the ones used on the previous books and it suggests that this novel is darker than the others..hmm..

Remember, these are just my own opinions! What do you guys think?

♥Iffath

4 comments:

  1. I like both of those covers. Interesting to see a spot of colour on the "Passion" cover after the black-and-navy and black-and-grey of the first two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Forever and think it's absolutely perfect. I think Passion is really pretty but the only thing I'd change is that I didn't want to see Luce's full face as I have such a strong picture of her in my head. I just wish her hair had been covering her features a bit more - but that's a really tiny quibble really :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the forever cover, it kind of matches the other two but is different at the same time, you can tell they are a trilogy, just by looking at them.

    Passion, i'm not so sure on. I prefer Luce's face hidden like the first two...and the dress on this isn't as pretty as the other two (in my opinion, it's just too gothic, whereas the others were at least classy and sophisticated) I love the way her hair is though in this one, the rose is ok, a little weird but i guess it might mean something in the book and the background is interesting compared to the other two..

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home