Tuesday, December 28, 2010

End of Year Survey: Part Two

Book blogging in 2010

1. New favourite book blog you discovered in 2010?
There are so many awesome ones! I started blogging early in 2010 so basically all of them are new (and my favourite)! The most recent ones have to be Claire's at Cem's Book Hideout, Kirsty's at The Overflowing Library & Andrew's at The Emancipation of the Pewter Wolf.

2. Favourite review that you wrote in 2010?
I can't pick. There's a few of mine that I really like. That sounds quite bigheaded :/ No, it's only because about 10% of the reviews I write, I like; I'm extremely concious about my writing, whether it's reviews or a story. I spend hours on them, literally, and most of the time they still don't turn out perfect. 
Some of my favourites are the ones I wrote for The Island by Sarah SingletonPaper Towns by John GreenFallen Grace by Mary Hooper & Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore.

3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
I haven't done any discussion yet, but some coming soon! Look out for posts about eReaders and book blogging in general!

4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else's blog?
I really like this one that Kristi from The Story Siren wrote about author-reviewer relationships, Steph Su wrote a really awesome post about What Makes a Good Reviewer and Rachel over at The Library of Lady Violet talked about embargoes.

5. Best event that you participated in?
I haven't been to any events this year, except one. And even still, that was the awesomest day ever. Meeting Becca Fitzpatrick on her Crescendo tour. She was amazing. Just wow. I can't EVEN..finish this sentence. You can see a report that Aly wrote over at Fantasy4Eva, or one than Jenny wrote at Wondrous Reads.

6. Best moment of book blogging in 2010?
Meeting all these amazing bloggers. They've been nothing but nice to me and I want to thank them all for being the best people EVER. When an author I really liked said they were a huge fan of my blog. When somebody was talking about my blog to another author I like and then the author said she already knew my blog and it was amazing (her words, not mine!) and they were kind of boasting about it to each other. That was pretty awesome *proud-of-myself smile*

7. Best bookish discovery?
The Book Depository. I used to nearly start crying when I found out about a really awesome book then saw it wasn't released in the UK. Not that I've used it. Yet. Yaknow, since I'm always broke. AND THEY DELIVER FREE, if that's not amazing, tell me what is!

NetGalley is another. The whole thing about people in the US getting ARCs of books that us British People would like kinda gets sorted out when you join NetGalley. You can download ARCs of books that aren't out yet! The only downside is that they are eBooks, so it's pretty hard to read if you don't have an eReader/Kindle/Super eyesight.

♥Iffath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home