Tuesday, December 28, 2010

End of Year Survey: Part One

Jamie at The Perpetual Page Tuner has come up with this awesome End of 2010 Survey and it looks like a lot of fun so I thought I would do it!


*All links go to Goodreads.

1. Best book of 2010?
This is such a hard question! I've read so many amazing novels this year..I really don't think I can narrow it down to just one!! If I *really* had to pick, it would probably be, out of these three: Dreaming of Amelia by Jaclyn Moriarty, The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting & The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson.


2. Worst book of 2010?
Nearly everything I've read this year has been good, all in different ways. I don't really think there has been a 'worst' book of 2010 for me! There was certainly ones I didn't enjoy as much as I thought I would, but I didn't hate any of them.

3. Most disappointing book of 2010?
I would have to say Guilt Trip by Anne Cassidy. I'm a big fan of her books, but this one didn't do it for me. Desperate Measures by Laura Summers was similar; I liked both stories, but I think there was just something missing but I can't put my finger on what it was..

4. Most surprising book (in a good way!) in 2010?
Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready! It's a really refreshing read with a whole new take on paranormal! As I wrote in my review, it is the best paranormal romance I've read this year. And that's saying a LOT, because I have read quite a of of paranormal romances this year (or so I think). #isaddicted 


Honourable mention goes to Nearly Departed by Rook Hastings though! Read this last week and it's so much better than I originally expected it to be!

5. Book you recommended to people most in 2010?

I did a lot of recommend this year as most of my friends aren't as informed about books as I am..probably Beautiful Malice by Rebecca James, Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick or Boys Don't Cry by Malorie Blackman.

6. Best series you discovered in 2010?
Hmm... I did find out about so many great new series in 2010.. The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey, Gallagher Girls by Ally Carter, Jenny Han's Summer series, The Immortals by Alyson Noel, and the Carrie JonesNeed series and the VAMPIRE ACADEMY series by Richelle Mead (seriously..did you not see it coming?!!)


7. Favourite new authors of 2010?

Kimberly Derting, Jeri Smith-Ready, Jandy Nelson, Holly Cupala, Keris Stainton, LA Weatherly, Stephanie Burgis and then some.

8. Most hilarious read of 2010?
Oh my goodness..Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins, The Drake Chronicles by Alyxandra Harvey, Della Says: OMG by Keris Stainton & Swapped by a Kiss by Luisa Plaja. *giggles uncontrollably*


9. Most thrilling, unputdownable book of 2010?
UGH TOO MANY! The whole Vampire Academy series, Pretty Bad Things by CJ Skuse, The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting & When I Was Joe by Keren David. Oh and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. Did anyone put that down until they finished it?!


10. Book you anticipated the most for 2010?
Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins & Tell Me a Secret by Holly Cupala.


11. Favourite cover of a book you read in 2010?
HOW THE HELL ON EARTH DO YOU GUYS EXPECT ME TO PICK THIS?!!!

12. Most memorable character in 2010?
Billie SanGreal from Devil's Kiss and Dark Goddess by Sarwat Chadda and Rose Hathaway from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. Two mind-blowingly fierce heroines who are everything I want to be.

13. Most beautifully written book in 2010?
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson. Hands down, no contest at all.


14. Book that had the greatest impact on you in 2010?
There was three novels that really stood out and made a really big impact on me this year; 

The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy NelsonDrawing With Light by Julia Green & Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma. Just wow. 


15. Book you can't believe you waited until 2010 to finally read?
The Vampire Academy series (which I'm now obsessed with!), Guantanamo Boy by Anna Perera the most, I think though. It was such an insightful, compelling read, I'd highly recommend it to teenagers (and adults) everywhere.


Okay, that was really hard, but very cool. Sorry to all the amazing novels that I loved but couldn't include :(


♥Iffath  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home