Monday, December 13, 2010

DisCover #3

I loveLoveLOVE book covers as much as I love the books themselves..you guys might know that already..so I decided to make a new feature (called DisCover..geddit?!) where I'll be highlighting 3-4 books covers every week! Then, you can ooh and aah as much as you like in the comments box! 





The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder

Sometimes there's no turning back.

Amber's life is spinning out of control. All she wants is to turn up the volume on her iPod until all of the demands of her family and friends fade away. So she sneaks off to the beach to spend a day by herself.

Then Amber meets Cade. Their attraction is instant, and Amber can tell that he's also looking for an escape. Together they decide to share a perfect day: no pasts, no fears, no regrets.

The more time that Amber spends with Cade, the more she's drawn to him. And the more she's troubled by his darkness. Because Cade's not just living in the now--he's living each moment like it's his last.



THIS. I LOVE this. LOVEITLOVEITLOVEIT. It's so eyecatching..I can just picture that green, green grass and smell that nature-y smell..mm. The moment I saw the cover, I wanted to know everything. The Day Before what?! What exactly is that one moment that changed everything?! WHY IS THAT GIRL SO MUCH PRETTIER THAN ME?!! So many questions..
AND it has a summary that sounds *Cheryl Cole impression* right up my street! 



Delirium by Lauren Oliver


There was a time when love was the most important thing in the world. People would go to the end of the earth to find it. They would tell lies for it. Even kill for it.

Then, at last, they found the cure. 

Now, everything is different. Scientists are able to eradicate love, and the government demands that all citizens receive the cure upon turning eighteen. Lena Haloway has always looked forward to the day when she’ll be cured. A life without love is a life without pain: safe, measured, predictable, and happy.

But then, with only ninety-five days left until her treatment, Lena does the unthinkable: she falls in love.


I'm one of those unlucky few who haven't yet read Oliver's debut, Before I Fall, *don't ask me why*, but I've heard it's amazing, and from the excited words coming from those who were special enough to get ARCs of Delirium, apparently this is just as amazing, if not MORE! Although I loved the original cover for this, I think this new one is very cleverly done and totally gorgeous. I'm pretty sure it will be a hardback, with the picture of the girl (Lena?) on the actual cover, and a pretty blue jacket with the letters cut out so you can see her face through it..correct me if I'm wrong. I can just picture the beauty! 




Entangled by Cat Clarke

The same questions whirl round and round in my head:
What does he want from me?
How could I have let this happen?
AM I GOING TO DIE?

17-year-old Grace wakes up in a white room, with a table, pens and paper - and no clue how she got here.

As Grace pours her tangled life onto the page, she is forced to remember everything she's tried to forget. There's falling hopelessly in love with the gorgeous Nat, and the unravelling of her relationship with her best friend Sal. But there's something missing. As hard as she's trying to remember, is there something she just can't see?

Grace must face the most important question of all. Why is she here?

A story of dark secrets, intense friendship and electrifying attraction.


I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of this. It's PINK and totally hot. But the finished cover? Oh my. Can I just eat it?! I'm pretty sure it will taste as good as it looks. 

The cover model is stunning. Another one of those "Why can't I look like her?!" moments may have occurred. Who am I kidding, of course it did!!! The thing I'm most in awe about of this cover is that *this is* the photographer. She took the photo herself *of* herself and it is just made of pure awesome sauce. It's captivating, breath-taking and just..so damn gushable!! (<- is that a word?). FYI, the model/photographer is called Josefine Jonsson, read an interview Cat did with her here, and check out her blog.

What do you think?

♥Iffath

6 comments:

  1. they are all so pretty and wow that is awesome the the actual photographer is the actual model for the cover!great meme lovey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Entangled cover.

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover of entangled, the colors are so good! The day before cover is also good! I don't like the cover of Delirium very much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these covers especially the Entangled one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover of Entangled, and I didn't know the story behind the cover, so thanks for that! :)

    I'm not blown away by the cover of Delirium, but I suspect it looks a lot better in reality.

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home