Monday, November 15, 2010

Manchester Fiction City


Three years ago, when I started high school, my school librarian (who is mega-awesome), introduced me to the Manchester Book Award. The Manchester Book Award is an award project that involves readers and encourages them to read talk about books. There is a longlist of twenty-four books, and by November, reading groups across the city will have helped to cut the list down to six titles. Then, young people all over Manchester can vote for their favourite title, and a winner is announced about March-ish at a fantastic awards ceremony.

After two years of awesomeness (well, five for them, I've only been around for two!), the MBA can't afford to carry one running the award..so they've created Manchester Fiction City!
Manchester Fiction City will work in nearly the exact same way, with groups provided with great books and resources, just without the ceremony :( However, the amazing team at MBA have made it so we can receive visits from authors on the longlist..how cool! And maybe we'll have enough money to continue MBA next year..

***

Check out the list here, or watch the twenty-four book covers appear below ;)

I know that not all of my readers live in Manchester, or even the UK (!), but these are a fantastic selection of books, and I think you guys should try them out! I've read only eleven so far, but I'm really looking forward to rest.

If you like the look of any of them, or have read any, let me know! I'd love to know what you think! And I'll be posting reviews for them all, hopefully! I've already reviewed When I Was Joe (Keren David) and Drawing With Light (Julia Green), why not check them out!

-Manchester Fiction City.
-Manchester Book Award.

♥Iffath

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home