Monday, November 01, 2010

REVIEW: Out for Blood by Alyxandra Harvey

Out for Blood
Author: Alyxandra Harvey
Pages: 304
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing
Publication Date: 1st November 2010
Paperback. 



From Amazon
Hunter Wild just wants to get through her last year at the secret Helios-Ra Academy. To do so, she'll have to betray her grandfather, date a vampire and possibly take down the entire League - all before the end of term.


I'm really into this fun, new vampire series, The Drake Chronicles! I'm actually not sure which book out of the three I like the best. It might just have to be this one. I really like the writing style of Alyxandra Harvey and she is making her way to my favourite authors list!


Hunter Wild comes from a very long line of incredible vampires hunters and attends a special training school for the Helios-Ra. She knows how her grandfather (one of the best hunters around) feels about vampires, but she can't help but think about Quinn, one of the infamous Drake brothers. It can't hurt getting to know him, can it? Especially because she might even need his help...


***



The Quinn brothers are the kind of people you just have to know, and I *still* can't decide who is my favourite one. I think why I really liked Quinn is his nature is just such of what one might call a 'player'. LOL. He will date any girl, human or vampire. And vampire hunters aren't exactly out of the picture. *giggles* Quinn is cheeky and confident and is really good at getting what he wants, which made him extremely likable. 


I love how there is quite a contrast between him and his twin brother Connor. One of my favoure line's of Quinn's had to be *can't find quote but will update this soon* because it showed the personalities of both boys; the geekiness that's in Connor, and pretty much what Quinn's life revolves around: girls!
I know that this book was mainly about Quinn, but he does have a twin brother and I would've really liked to see a bit more of Connor! He seemed really fab and I would've liked the book even more if we got to see more of him and had a better look at the connection between Quinn and Connor, although I'm pretty sure Connor will get a book of his own!


I also think I'm developing a (girl) crush on Hunter. Yeah. She's one of the most kickass females I've ever met in a book. Even though she's a hunter for the Helios-Ra, I loved how she was still such a girly-girl. The scene where they've gone to go stake some vampires has to be one of my favourite's EVER! Just because of her. It was also very interesting to see how life is for the opposite side, for Hunter and the other Helios-Ra.


When Quinn was falling for Hunter, it really made me laugh because he's just not the kind of guy who stays in long relationships - he'd rather mix things around a little bit. His cool attitude was fantastic alongside her stubborness, it was sheer amazingness people. They are everything you'd look for in a book like this.

Whereas in Blood Feud we got to read from the perspective of Isabeau and Logan, Out for Blood gives us access to the inside of the heads of  vampire hunter, Hunter, and the next awesome Drake brother, Quinn. I'm glad we got to read from two different viewpoints like the previous two books, I felt like I could really get to know the main characters, as well as learning about the other characters that are described. I also got to really connect with them both as individuals which was nice.


I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see much of the other characters in the Drake family though. But it was also a good thing, because unlike the first two books, the plot of Out for Blood isn't all about what's happening in the family, but something different, the weird going-ons in the academy. 


The latest addition to the Drake Chronicles, Out for Blood, is fun, fast-paced and highly recommended by me; a remarkable novel in a phenomenal new series.


Thank you to the publishers, Bloomsbury, for sending me this for review!

♥Iffath

1 comment:

  1. LUV U IFFATH !!!! plz lend me alll threeeeeeeee blood fude books plzzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!luv u

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home