Sunday, October 03, 2010

REVIEW: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick


Hush, Hush
Author:  Becca Fitzpatrick
Pages: 400
Publisher: Simon and Schuster
Publication Date: 29th October 2009
Hardcover.

From Amazon
A sacred oath, a fallen angel, a forbidden love...This darkly romantic story features our heroine, Nora Grey, a seemingly normal teenage girl with her own shadowy connection to the Nephilim, and super-alluring bad boy, Patch, now her deskmate in biology class. Together they find themselves at the centre of a centuries-old feud between a fallen angel and a Nephilim...Forced to sit next to Patch in science class, Nora attempts to resist his flirting, though gradually falls for him against her better judgment. Meanwhile creepy things are going on with a mysterious stalker following her car, breaking into her house and attacking her best friend, Vi. Nora suspects Patch, but there are other suspects too - not least a new boy who has transferred from a different college after being wrongly accused of murdering his girlfriend. And he seems to have taken a shine to Nora...Love certainly is dangerous...and someone is going to have to make the ultimate sacrifice for it.

I actually don't know what to write in this review, because, will it's been reviewed about a million times and everything has probably already been said.. :D

How about..OMG I'M MEETING BECCA FITZPATRICK IN ONE MONTH MINUS ONE DAY << because I am :D

So, wow, the Fallen Angels have made a huge impact in the book world this year! Hush, Hush is said to be the one that started it all off..I was blown away when I first looked at he cover of this, because really, who isn't?! I am definitely one of those who judges a book by its cover and Hush, Hush has to be the one I predicted would be the best. And I'm sure you already know this, but, it was. The synopsis is captivating and it drew me right in before I'd even flicked to the first page of the book.

From the very beginning I was sucked into a whole other world of wow. There was clever twists and turns smothering all the corners. Hush, Hush was such an addictive book, I could not get enough and read it all in one sitting (this was actually the night before I had a Spanish test..in which I got the highest score possible). And the first chapter, made me giggle. Lots.

The characters were perfect. Patch was great, he had a mysterious, dangerous air to him. Everything that came out of his mouth was either something really intense and serious, or something that was totes witty. I loved it. And him :P Nora was a huge contrast to what I was expecting! I originally assumed she would be a bit Bella-like, looking for a thrill and this bad boy, but she was different. I really enjoyed her outspoken,  responsible tone- it just made me like both her and Patch even more, for their differences! I especially liked Nora for that little bot of nerdiness she had :D Nora was also tad vulnerable which made me a bit weary when she made the wrong decisions, but she wasn't hugely crazy in her conclusions..unlike Vee! Vee made every situation much more light-hearted and I don't think I could cope if she was another bad-girl type like Patch!

Oh, there was this one part somewhere Patch explained something about how angels had fallen..I found that really interesting and a great touch to the background of all the Nephilim history.

I really fell for Hush, Hush (Fell..Falling..Fallen Angel..Getit?! I'm so sad), it was such a dark, thrilling, enticing read and it had a real edge to it, ya know what I mean? Fitzpatrick has written a really mind-blowing debut novel that will leave you speechless and craving more Patch-Nora goodness (that wasn't the word I first put down LOL)

Thanks to Simon and Schuster for sending me this for review! I would really not mind if you guys decided to send me Crescendo as well..just sayin' :)


♥Iffath

4 comments:

  1. lol i was gushing like mad to when i first read it, he is so smexy gawwdddd! must read the sequel!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i cant wait to read this book. thanks for the review. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab review! I especially love the 'whole other world of wow' sentence. Totally know what you mean. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patch was def. a grrrreat character. The ultimate temptation. Apart from him, the book had such an new and interesting twist that I cannot wait to read the second book. - Jas

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home