Monday, March 22, 2010

REVIEW: Della Says: OMG! by Keris Stainton

Della Says: OMG! by Keris Stainton
Pages: 288
Publisher: Orchard
Publication Date: 6th May 2010 (!!!!)
Paperback, ARC

From Amazon
Della’s over the moon when she kisses her long-standing crush at a party – but then she discovers her diary has disappeared...
When scans of embarrassing pages are sent to her mobile and appear on Facebook, Della’s distraught – how can she enjoy her first proper romance when someone, somewhere, knows all her deepest, darkest secrets?


Okay, so before I start, I just have to say that I have been waiting A-G-E-S to read this, and practically started hyperventilating when I opened the package with the ARC inside! I also want to mention that Keris is a fantastically fantastic person (which you should all know by now!), and that I am very thankful to her for letting me be a part of her blog tour! You can see my first interview with her HERE, and look out for a guest post/interview with her around the time of her release! ;)

Della has had a huge crush on Dan since they were both just four-years-old and he gave her a brand new box of crayons (awww!); so when at her sister's going-away party, he starts to show an interest and invites her out, Della is not completely sure what to do but assume that he's just having her on, but after some reassurance accepts his invitation. And then she kisses him. Dan Bailey. Della kisses Dan BAILEY. Everything after is just a blur. (by the way, I didn't mean it was a blur to ME, I meant to Della =D) An exciting blur, though.
 
All except she hasn't seen her diary since the party. And she can't find it. Anywhere. And then these mysterious (and v. private) scans start appearing in places she would never have expected..like Facebook..and Dan's mobile..
It's obvious somebody has it, but it never really occurred to Della that they could do something like this to her..the worst possible nightmare in your teenage years..but can Della still keep the blossoming romance alive between her and Dan, whilst worrying about all of her precious secrets?

I was expecting a great deal from this novel, and I definitely wasn't disappointed! Della was a fabulous character, such a sweet and innocent teenager, but I have to say my favourite characters were her really down-to-Earth parents; they were really cool and hippy-ish, the kind of parents we only dare to dream of..although pretty much everyone was so lively and animated! Also, I think I kinda fell a little bit in love with Dan..didn't everyone?!

This inspiring, coming-of-age story is full of that weird teenage anxiety we all get (or got), honesty, and reminds us that, next time, we must remember to HIDE our diaries before a party. Della Says: OMG! is a (hilariously) witty and extremely (fantastically!)-written novel. It's being officially released on 6th May 2010, so make sure you either pre-order or buy that beauty as soon as it's out! ;)



♥Iffath

2 comments:

  1. This book sounds adorable. Having a crush since four years old when he gave her crayons-that's so priceless. Thanks so much for your review and I'm now adding this to my wishlist!

    I would be freaked out if my diary went missing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so the ARCs are out already? Cannot wait to get my copy, I'll devour it, lol! Thanks for this awesome review! :)

    ReplyDelete

Show your love for this post. G'waaaaaaaan you know you want to.

Next Post Previous Post Home